Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

It's raining here today...

And as cliche as it sounds, I love watching and listening to it. The calming and cleansing aspects of rain feed nature and helps everything grow. As I listen to the tappity tap tap of the rain, memories abound.

As sad as it sounds, most of my greatest memories were at my boarding high school, splashing in puddles and having a brilliant time, just strolling through the rain, not caring what anyone thought of us. The rain makes me remember sad times, of a fresh breakup between myself and my two loves, and memories of just sitting in bed, reading a book before exams with my window open during second trimester.  Sometimes I think I obsess over my high school too much, but then I think of all that it has given me, and all that it put me through and I still smile, which means that it was worth it, yeah?

Rain makes me remember the time I frolicked in a torrential downpour, then came back in soaking wet and had to wear a bright yellow skirt (that was so bright it reflected the sun, mind you). It reminds me of the time that I discovered that on a cold rainy day, the heat your body makes from running though puddles will make your body smoke (mostly around your crotch, which makes it even more hilarious). And it reminds me that I ran through the rain and splashed in puddles with Sarah Brodmerkel, a girl who died far too young, and whose smile lit up rooms. A girl who gave me bandaids when I had cut myself, and who laughed with me as we hopped and jumped away a rainy extended returning day.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment