Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Pottermore, once again luring a generation into allnighters.

Pottermore...
Oh Jo, you have once again managed to keep up a generation of Potter fans, all of us waiting eagerly for the Magic Quill to reveal to us the clue that may allow us entrance into the magical world of your creation. 

For those who don't know, Pottermore is an interactive "Hogwarts" game that allows us to explore the world of HP. And as cheesy as that sounds, every fan has always wanted that little piece of Hogwarts. I know I do, the child in me still waiting for that Hogwarts letter to whisk me away into a world of magic. You get to be sorted by the mind of the Potter universe herself, the quiz that you take designed by Jo.  You get to explore the common rooms, and learn new tidbits about the wizarding world. It's going to be magical, and I trust JK not to disappoint. 

As I sit and obsessively refresh the Pottermore page and watch the Mugglenet comment section fill up with people freaking out over the Magic Quill clue not showing up yet, I realize just how ensnared we have all become by this fandom. I will admit to being a die hard Potterhead, I watched the midnight showing of Deathly Hallows Parts 1 and 2, and while I could never go to one of the midnight book release parties (I was too young, and my parents too unwilling to go with me), I was always there at the library bright and early when they opened, waiting to rush and check it out to read it. I remember getting so desperate that I rented the 5th book from the library, and bought the 7th one. Harry Potter has been a staple of my childhood, and my one true fandom, and even as I grow up it holds a special piece of my heart-- the one that wants to frolic in the seas of imagination and be a writer, go to a magical school... play quidditch.  

Wizard rock, knitters making memorabilia, fanfiction... the good and the bad (*cough* My Immortal). So many things have sprung form your creation. So I wanted to thank you. For the memories of midnight showings, the companionship of waiting for the next release, and the fond memories of playing the My Immortal Drinking Game.
You've gotten us again Jo, and we're all staying up for you. 

If I get the magic quill clue, I'll of course divulge it here-- for the nonexistent of my readers. 

じゃ!
-A Potterhead Waiting for More. 

Associated Links: 
Pottermore

PS. The new Draft Blogger Dashboard is pretty awesome, though it does format my posts differently. >.<;; 

No comments:

Post a Comment