Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

What is Polyamory?

On a long night like tonight, where I haven't blogged in a while and don't feel like sleeping, I take on tasks such as this. Today, I will attempt to explain what Polyamory is, what it feels like, and most of all, what it means to me... The closed minded need not apply.

 At it's heart, polyamory, isn't about sex, and it isn't an excuse to be a slut. It's not a quick fix to a cheater in the relationship, and it's most certainly not an excuse to be with someone while still having a backup plan for some "maybe laters" if the relationship doesn't work out. To me, polyamory brings back warm memories of a romance so pure and innocent, but passionate and loving that it worked. It was about loving each other, and it was about being together and supporting each other, making each other feel good, and tag teaming the other when they felt shitty. It meant that we all loved each other, and couldn't see a relationship without the others, that we really needed each other. Maybe it was a little codependent, but to this day, it was the best relationship that I ever had, even if it did end badly.


Polyamory is not about sex, at least not purely. Polyamory is about loving each other equally, and being in love with each other in such a way that you couldn't really see a relationship with one without the other-- like peanut butter and jelly.


Polyamory is not about being kinky. Now don't get me wrong, it can be kinky as hell, when the time is right, but it should never be purely about "being kinky." If you are only in for it for the sex, that's not polyamory, that's a threesome.


Polyamory is not a "quick fix" to relationship cheating issues. If someone is cheating on you, you should probably leave them. They're not invested in the relationship anymore. If you both happen to be in love with an additional person, that's more like polyamory. Don't go trying to make yourself fall in love with someone else in order to make a relationship last a little longer.


I personally have no idea what's so wrong about having more than one wife or husband, as long as they're all okay with the situation. No brainwashers please.


I doubt that this makes sense anymore, and I highly doubt that anyone is going to be reading this anytime soon anyways. I think I'll end it here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment